How We Build Service and Platform Bodies
Maximum Insulation * Rapid Recovery * Refrigeration Unit Efficiency
Fleetco builds refrigerated vans and catering vans for customers throughout the Southeast. Whether you’re delivering frozen goods to retailers or running a catering business we can build a refrigerated van to meet your needs. We use industry-leading Thermo King and Carrier refrigeration units, capable of both chill and freeze temperatures.
1) Select the vehicle. Fleetco can upfit a van that you provide or we can provide a drop-ship code to your dealer so that a newly ordered vehicle will be sent directly to us for the upfit. We work with Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford and Mercedes vans.
2) Design your unit. Is this a delivery vehicle for bulk items? Is it a catering van that needs both cold and hot storage? What kind of cargo needs to be secured? Will you make deliveries at night? Answering these kinds of questions will help determine your needs for storage, cargo control, lighting and other options.
3) Determine temperature needs. Do you need a chill unit or a freeze unit? Freeze units are slightly more expensive but also can be set to higher temperatures and offer greater flexibility. Standard chill units are usually ideal for florists, caterers and similar applications.
4) Choose your power. Refrigerated vans run off engine-driven compressors. However, some units also include stand-by power, which allows the refrigeration unit to be plugged into a power source and the vehicle’s contents kept cold overnight or anytime the vehicle is not running.
5) Place the order. Once ordered, it typically takes 2 to 3 weeks for all components to arrive and then 5 to 7 working days for completion of a refrigeration package. This includes installation of the refrigeration unit, the interior lining and accessories and also a thorough testing procedure once complete.
A wide range of equipment and features are available to customize your refrigerated van.
- Interior and exterior LED lighting improves safety and visibility
- Strip curtains help reduce warming when doors are open
- Fold down shelves provide flexible storage
- Sliding shelves are perfect for catering applications
- E-track cargo systems secure heavier bulk loads
- Liftgates allow easy loading of heavy carts and boxes
- Insulated bulkheads can create dual temperature zones
Refrigerated Van Makes we Upfit
- Chevrolet Express
- Chevrolet City Express
- Ford Transit
- Ford Transit Connect
- Ram ProMaster
- Ram ProMaster City
- Mercedes Benz Sprinter
USDA and FDA Compliant
Washable to resist bacteria and cross contamination
No exposed wood behind panels or in construction
Double-layer Fi-Foil insulation throughout
Insulation incapsulated by smooth, high-impact fiberglass liner
Overlapping panel design prevents moisture and water intrusion
Treadplate reinforcements on the floor, doors and sidewalls
Moisture-proof, mold-resistant silicone used on all seams
Door cavities insulated and fiberglass lined
Complete assembly at our location for quality control