Vehicle: 2020 Western Star 4800
Job Type: Install 40K hooklift, fabricate hitch plate and provide dump body and flatbeds.
This power utility customer needed a specialized hooklift capable of using multiple bodies and operating in the Rocky Mountain region of Colorado. The build began with a custom spec Western Star 4800 chassis and 40K-lbs. hooklift from Swaploader. Fleetco installed the hoist, brake controller and also fabricated a heavy-duty hitch plate. The customer requested a special rear observation system, including night vision backup camera and hookups for airlines and an electric trailer plug. For the bodies, Fleetco provided a 14’ dump body, complete with vibrator, and a pair of 16’ flatbeds which can be used for hauling materials or equipment. Each body is equipped with heavy duty rollers for easy deployment.
– Swaploader SL-400 Fixed Jib, 42H05 Hooklift
– Steel, Double Radius, Tandem Axle Fenders
– LED Light Kit
– 30 Ton Heavy Duty Swivel Pintle Hook
– Rear Observation System with Night Vision Backup Camera
– Bucks Fab Dump Body, 14’ Long, 40” Sides + 6” Board
– Flatbeds (2, not shown) 16’ Long x 96” Wide
– Hayes Air Actuated Trailer Brake Controller
– 3500 lbs of Force Dump Body Vibrator
– Pull Style Spring Return Tarp