Vehicle: 40-foot “single trip” shipping container
Job Type: Upfit container into multi-machine laundry facility.
We used 40-foot shipping containers as the basis for several laundry facilities to be used by Customs & Border Protection in Arizona. The build began by adding a “bump-out” to accommodate the washers and dryers while maintaining minimum walking clearances in the floorplan. Next came adding a single side door, complete insulation of the container (ceiling, walls, roof) and then finishing the infrastructure. This included a step-down transformer to receive power, an electrical system to support all equipment, plumbing, HVAC units and a fire safety system.
– Electrical transformer so container can be hard wired to power when on-site
– Interior and exterior lighting
– Mini-split HVAC units
– Smoke detector and alarm system
– Water and drain lines for laundry equipment
– Hot water heater
– Utility sink
– Single exterior side door
– Contoured foam insulation throughout
– Fiberglass ceiling and wall panels (washable, fire and mold resistant)
– Coin rubber flooring